Subject: [Leica] [LRflex] Re: looking down...
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 10:05:49 -0800

On Dec 9, 2013, at 8:40 AM, Aram Langhans <leica_r8 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is that a "yes" to both questions
>
> IF so, that is good news.

there is some decrease in brightness so good and bad news, but thre is
absolutely no loss of ability to focus until f22

let me explain Aram...

The R 19mm aperture setting goes from f 2.8 to f22....

While the vf brightness diminishes slowly as the aperture size is reduced,
the vf is bright enough that I  can focus to f16 (easily with focus
peaking).

and of course with such a small aperture the dof is huge.

You can try this yourself in a store,  to see what I mean.

bottom line...this body and lens, under the conditions I described, with
focus peaking in red and jpeg fine bw, is easier to manually focus than M's
and R's....

this means that you, if you wish, can shoot RAW, and jpeg fine bw, focus
peaking in red at the same time, have a very easy time with manual focus
open or stopped down, and have excellent focus simultaneously  with RAW
files.

steve

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] [LRflex] Re: looking down...)