Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 8/12/2013: Michiel in Amsterdam
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 15:21:36 -0600

==On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at
frozenlight.eu>wrote:

> Yesterday, on my way home from Korea, I had a 12-hour layover in
> Amsterdam. Fellow LUGger Michiel was kind enough to pick me up at Schiphol.
> We went to the centre of Amsterdam and spent a few pleasant hours walking
> around. We also took in an exhibition of Lee Friedlander's work at FOAM:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2958653980&k=kbKNdwg&lb=1&s=O

I saw that exhibit - America By Car - in New York several years ago and had
decidedly mixed emotions about it.  What did you think of it?

> Michiel had bought an 8mm lens, and I could not resist trying it:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2958656460&k=PMhfpkH&lb=1&s=O

A little twisting and bending in Lightroom and this will be quite the
shot.  I notice the exif missed the lens designation (I believe you that it
was an 8mm, not a 90mm); who made this lens?

--Bob

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 8/12/2013: Michiel in Amsterdam)