Subject: [Leica] Using Leica lenses on the Sony 7 and 7R
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 03:23:06 -0800

Sent from my iPhone
Steve Barbour

On Dec 14, 2013, at 1:55 AM, H&ECummer <cummer at netvigator.com> wrote:

Hi Luggers,
Following on Steve's work here is an interesting article that some might not
have seen yet.

<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2426753,00.asp>

R lenses work well but especially some non Leica wides (like the 15mm
Voigtlander) have colour
fringing problems - more with the 7R than the 7.
I used a 12mm M lens on the A7r...

Edges less sharp than center, some vignetting, can be used with caution if
you desire super wide.

Have a read if you are interested. I am going off to the Sony Store in
Causeway Bay to have a play.

If I were to buy one I would lean to the 7, with two types of focusing
rather than the 7R which has more pixels than I need
based on my experience with the D800E.

So many camera marques, so little time!!

Cheers

Howard.