Subject: [Leica] IMG: Give us this day our......
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 12:49:43 -0000

Gloomy Bread.

What? Why gloomy, you say....

Last Monday, my wife and I had been for a short walk on the seafront, and
had wandered into my local Polish bakery. We found ourselves in a hubbubby
queue of three adults in the tiny shop. A woman was being served and was
getting various breads and cakes. The man in front of me had a young baby
strapped papoose style to his chest and a excited toddler alongside. The
child was pointing to, and exclaiming delightedly, at the various cakes and
Christmas decorations, including a large Santa figure. His father was making
reassuring noises. The atmosphere was happy.

The woman left with a called "Thanks, Happy Christmas" as the man went to
the counter.
He said, "A great day isn't it. Sorry about the noise. Everybody's getting
worked up for Christmas, especially my young fellow."
The Polish baker replied morosely, "It's not such a good day for me. My
mother died four years ago on this day."

A silence ensued, in which you could hear the Christmas cheer putting on its
coat and exiting rapidly.

This is what we bought.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Gloomy+Bread.jpg.html

Douglas