Subject: [Leica] M5 2 Lug HELP re Meter Stalk
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 09:50:17 -0500

Mark, here is a detailed photo of the mechanism.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1231276_10151883763689783_1521242031_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1002618_10151883763919783_124200434_n.jpg

It is my M5 "teaching body".  You can see the stalk mechanism clearly.

Is the shutter cocked? It needs to be cocked to engage the lever to
raise the stalk.

Easy is relative, you need to take the light shield off, which means to
take off the RF arm.  So, could be lots of disassembly to get to it.

Vick