Subject: [Leica] IMG: Two Pix, One With New X-E2
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 09:18:47 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 Montie <montoid at earthlink.net>wrote:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Two Pix, One With New X-E2

>Love the minimal but it's crying for B&W and a tad more contrast IMHO.

>How are you liking the XE2?

>Montie
================================================================================================================================================
So far, I'm liking it, but wish I could get results I'm used to with the
latest ACR DNG converter with my Photoshop.  I have PS5 and when I convert,
there is a faint hexagonal pattern over the image.  I tried a colleague's
PS6 with the DNG converter, and no pattern showed up, so it looks like I
need to upgrade PS.  Before I retired I got used to our office protocol of
saving RAW files as DNG's and using Bridge for sorting and keywording, and I
want to continue this with my own pictures.

One thing I wish the X-E2 had was the ability to shoot using the EVF, with
the back LCD off, and then being able to review the shot on the big screen
only if I choose.  Now, if I have it set for  shooting with the EVF, I have
to review using it too.  Or you can set the camera to toggle between EVF and
LCD depending on whether your eye is at the viewfinder, but this needlessly
uses more battery power, and I don't want to look after every frame.

Alan

(Retired)
UPAA POY 1978
amr3 at uwm.edu