Subject: [Leica] IMG: Casual portrait of a master shooter
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:15:01 -0800

Geoff Hopkinson showed:

> I've been shooting a lot of late that's not much of interest to much of
> the
> LUG perhaps.
> While my M is away, I'm trying to expand my horizons a little and also
> catch up some of a very large backlog.
> This portrait is from Barcelona in September.  After the rest of the crew
> had gone Lluis and I still spent as much time together as we could manage
> with cameras in hand of course. One of the restaurants that we really like
> is Julivert Meu, which is where we had our LUG dinner with the whole crew
> earlier too. I'll very shortly post all of the respectable shots of the
> LUG
> crew too.
>
> Here's Lluis while we were waiting for our after dinner chupitos!
> For those interested in the technical story, this is with my M (typ 240)
> and Summilux 50 ASPH AFTER I dropped them (and me) in a stone courtyard.
> Shooting with the EVF, this is a crop from a shot across the table in the
> ambient light, f/2.8 1/25th sec 2000 ISO (developed in LR with the NIK
> plug
> ins too)
>
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/153865387

Hi Geoff
WOW! Quite an incredible shot with skin texture and hair follicles It's as
though if you were to touch the screen you'd actually feel Luis' skin? Quite
interesting indeed!
cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] IMG: Casual portrait of a master shooter)