Subject: [Leica] printer question
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 17:08:26 -0800

>  I never let one sit idle with power on after a print is made unless it's
> on to another. Seems to work.

I have had several Epson service technicians tell me that the R3800-series
printers have a maximum number of times they can be turned on or off before
they need to be reset by a factory-authorized repair depot.

I leave mine on, partly for this reason and partly because its power-on
sequence seems to use up some ink.