Subject: [Leica] IMG: from a walk along Putah Creek at UC Davis
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 17:17:47 -0800

I took the doggies out for a bit of a run where they didn't need to be on
leash. I like the area because I-80's overcrossings form a gallery for the
local artists with spray cans (and rollers).

I like this image especially:

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Landscapes/UCD-walks/i-NtCVrXX/X3>

This one demonstrates that one's reach is a limiting factor:

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Landscapes/UCD-walks/i-dwWWvR3/X3>

Both were taken with Sony A7 and the 55mm f1.8 Sonnar FE lens. I also had
the A7r along with me with the Touit f1.8 32mmnE lens that crops on the full
frame camera. Comparing the two lenses the Touit wasn't in the same league.
I'm going to like the Sonnar a whole lot, I think.

Both of these are at ISO 100, manually focused, although I'm starting to
trust the autofocus a little more on the A7. It's very fast and seems
accurate. But I don't have enough experience with either camera to know the
difference.

I do know this: if you're a street shooter the A7 is a better camera than
the A7r: speed and relative quiet are the primary reasons. The autofocus on
the A7 seems very fast with the Sonnar lens.

Comments/criticism welcome and encouraged.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMG: from a walk along Putah Creek at UC Davis)