Subject: [Leica] Noctilux - Mark
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 00:23:04 -0800

On Dec 31, 2013, at 5:39 PM, philippe.amard at sfr.fr wrote:

> I do
>

> Amities and a Happy New York to you Mark :-)
>

> Sumilippe @ 2.29
>
> Tous vos emails en 1 clic avec l'application SFR Mail sur iPhone et
> Android - En savoir plus.

> Message du : 01/01/2014 00:14
> De : "Mark Rabiner " <mark at rabinergroup.com>
> A : "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
> Copie ? :
> Sujet : Re: [Leica] Noctilux
>

> The French have French.
> Leica users have the Noctilux.
> We are using a system with a precision and time honored rangefinder
> focusing
> device using a principle all the others don't come near with their crazy
> ground glasses on their bionic bodies..
> So we can use a crazily fast lens with utmost precision. And get time
> honored results.
> Super fast glass justifies the rangefinder approach much more so than ultra
> wides. Or any other class of glass.
> We can really nail focus with Leica M cameras like the other shooters can't
> come close to.

sorry Rabs, I wish it were true, but it's not, just an often repeated bit of
leica lore that has no basis in fact.

try my suggestion below*****, where you can see what you are focussing on,
compare it to the precision and time honored rangefinder focussing, then we
will want to hear your conclusion...

we are interested in conclusions and opinions based on fact, not folklore.
In the meantime, a sincere happy new year, my friend.

Steve