Subject: [Leica] OT: I've retired
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 08:29:16 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014  Peter Klein <pklein at threshinc.com> wrote:

>LUG friends:  Today is the first day of the rest of my life. As of
>today, I have retired from my corporate IT job.
>Wish me luck! I'd love to hear from anyone (either here or privately)
>who has been though this transition and has some tips for dealing
>gracefully with the changes.

>--Peter
======================================================================================================================================================
Welcome to retirement and good luck to you.  I retired last May after 40
years at Photographic Services, thankfully just in time to deal with some
family medical emergencies, and I don't know how I could have coped while
still working full time.  Things have stabilized and I think I can start to
enjoy my new status.   I have time to organize my personal photo collection
for posterity and it is fun to find images that I never printed or forgot
about. This also dovetails with a UWM History Department project called the
Encyclopedia of Milwaukee that I'm involved in.  A graduate student and I
meet every few weeks to go through my slides and contact sheets to pick
pictures that can be scanned for this initiative.

Since May I've had numerous dreams in which I'm on assignment, having
trouble with light stands falling over, or flash slaves not working, etc.
and then realizing - Hey, I don't have to do this anymore!  I can just take
pictures for me.   What a relief.

Alan

(Retired)
UPAA POY 1978