Subject: [Leica] On retirement
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 23:53:07 -0600

As one who has been retired for more than 20 years, I will offer one
more bit of advice.

Be flexible in your planning.

After one year of retired life, with time to go to the airport and get
in some flying, I was found to have endocarditis, and had to have two
mechanical heart valves installed.  Made a full recovery, and felt fine
after a while, but the FAA ruled against a Medical Certificate.  No more
flying.  This is what drove me back to my earlier pursuit, photography
with Leicas and other cameras.  The LUG has helped a lot in filling the
void.

Thanks, Brian.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA