Subject: [Leica] Noctilux
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 14:33:15 -0500

Some very effective dog love shots!
The big thing we had going for us ever since 35mm film and 36 on a roll is
the percentages. Stuff to choose from. Coverage. And I'm getting the
impression you're showing us a lovingly chosen edit. Bare bones. Where's the
beef? Right here. A good representation of a lot of work. Both behind the
camera and going over the shots afterwards.
I do love the first shot we see his nose on his paw if you just darken it a
half to full stop the paws will not be bleaching out which does not go with
their bokeh. I.e. Soft and light both... You nailed the tip of his nose
that's the main thing. May have even got his doggy eyelash. But the bleach
out of the extremities is working against the shot. Certainly it may have
been very bright where he was sitting. But you were able to not see things
not disappearing.