Subject: [Leica] IMG: Anna's Hummingbird
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 20:27:51 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Montie wrote:

>What Jim said!
>
>Montie
>

>>>Beautiful colors, nicely captured. Great work, as we always see in your
>images. :-)
>
>Jim Nichols
>Tullahoma, TN USA
>
>On 1/5/2014 2:32 PM, Doug Herr wrote:
>> The hummingbird feeders in my yard have attracted several of the resident
>> Anna's Hummingbirds, one of which is an adult male with full breeding
>> plumage (the Anna's Hummingbird is one of the first birds to nest each
>> year).  Today I had the time to take advantage of the little buzz-birds'
>> activities:
>>
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/trochilidae/anhumm06.html
>>
>> I'm happy with this photograph.
>>
>> technical stuff: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, tripod & blind.  All comments
>> welcome.

I apologize for not responding individually; if I tried I'd be up well past
midnight and my hands would be too sore to go to work in the morning ;)

Thank you for looking and for all your enthusiastic responses, on- and
off-list.  I feel like there was an element of sheer dumb luck involved in
making this photo but I won't complain :)  Looks like I've started
collecting photos for next year's calendar.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] IMG: Anna's Hummingbird)