Subject: [Leica] Using Leicas - and discussing the Yearbook
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 19:41:39 +0100

Yes, this is the LUG and I fully agree with Tina. I wouldn't have joined had
I not used Leica gear. And the cost? ... Well, look at Jim Shulmann, for
example, he uses his 1950s Ms and glass and scans the pictures he posts, not
too expensive, seems to me and the distinctive Leica quality is there, maybe
even more so than with more recent equipment. As for the Yearbook (mine is
still stuck somewhere in Oregon), I am sorry to say that I am not really
interested in pictures produced by gear other than Leica, I can find
zillions of'em on the net and in books. But I rarely come across images made
with Leicas these days and that's why I am definitely FOR a Leica-dedicated
Yearbook!
JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
Strasbourg