Subject: [Leica] Leica Yearbook-STEVE
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:44:13 -0800

On Jan 10, 2014, at 10:29 AM, philippe.amard at sfr.fr wrote:

> Agreed to the full Steve,
> Right on the money!
> I may even have once written we were the FLUG with F as in former ...
>

> HOWEVER
>

> our LUG community originally started from a deep, profound and nearly
> pathological interest in Leica cameras and lenses, so I don't see any
> point with the book cover - are we not all after all (day)dreaming when
> one of us posts a "true" leica pikter -)
>

> Don't we all wish Leica was up to our own standards? ... whatever that
> means.
>

> Amities, tres sinceres de Mutz
> Fuji Philippe, a nonetheless former and yet now frustrated R user

yup Philippe
that's the bottom line, we are simply (almost) all wannabees....
it's ok for leica to have their head up their behind, we can't control that.
But we can be honest and consistent with ourselves, and our goals and
motivations...perhaps if only to avoid misleading Leica.

fwiw, consider/try the Sony A7 A7r  for your R lenses, I think you may find
it a nice surprise. No one expected a possible solution to come from this
direction.

amities mon ami,