Subject: [Leica] The Real Cost of Leicas
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 17:07:17 -0800

Just curious if any of the finance wizards in the LUG can calculate the real
cost of a Leica camera and lenses (say best in class and excluding the
Noctilux) on today's dollars vs 15 or 20 years ago.

My gut tells me Leicas have always been exorbitantly expensive. Current LUG
members are aging boomers who must be, of necessity, more conservative with
their spending.

Frank? Jayanand? Others? Anyone have MSRP over the years and annual real
inflation numbers?
Best,
Bob

Bob Adler