Subject: [Leica] cosmic (gamma) rays and sensors
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 17:36:29 +1030

I flew 68 legs in 2013 and my MM was with me every time.  No pixel problems.

A 14 hour flight adds about 0.1 millisieverts radiation exposure to your
baseline, fairly negligible - a quarter of an x-ray or mammogram.  The
highest energy ones wn't be stopped by a lead bag, and in my recent
experience lead bags really raise the suspicion of airport security staff.

Besides, don't you want your best, most familiar camera with you when you
get there, wherever there is?

Marty