Subject: [Leica] Free photos
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:55:55 -0600

On Jan 24, 2014, at 9:05 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

> I agree 100% with Nathan - we are usually very blind to our own
> offenses. Stealing from Adobe is no different from stealing from one
> of us, or, indeed, from music and movie copyright owners.

All usage of IP is not equal
either in reality
or under the laws.

certain uses - personal, educational and others - ARE allowed.

It does after all come down to money.
If you "take" someone else's property, intellectual or otherwise, and profit
from the taking.
That's simply and obviously not right; and not legal.

Many other uses do little or no harm to the "IP owner's" bottom line;
and may, in fact, serve as inexpensive "promotion" of said "property."

No small number of indy musicians, and other artists,
have managed to develop a market for their work
by allowing their work to spread to ever wider eclectic audiences.

As always it remains the responsibility of the artist to:
create work of value to someone
locate that market for their work product
and of course
protect their work from theft and misuse;
while also making it readily available
to the widest audience.

Never been an easy task
for any artist in any medium.