Subject: [Leica] Dr Ted and THAT book
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 13:42:13 -0800

Geoff Hopkinson OFFERED:

> Today I was thrilled to receive my copy of
> "Ted Grant, sixty years of legendary photojournalism"
> The author, Thelma Fayle has done a great job with this.
> Many many great photos of course and the explanations add an extra
> dimension to those.
> Best of all are the many anecdotes and stories.
> There is even an appendix of Ted Commandments.
> The whole book is priceless, I think. Every single person who knows and
> marvels at Ted's lifetime of work ought to have this one in their library.

Hi Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Thank you very much for your very kind comments. We are receiving a great
many compliments from readers which of course sure makes the author, "Thelma
Fayle" a very happy camper this being her first book; rather than magazine
and newspaper articles by the hundreds. As well as myself for the pat's on
the back about my wild wild 60 plus year career chasing about the world
shooting my assigned projects.

I have read it three or four times and although the quotations and photo
suggestions come from the lengthy time of interviews, a hundred plus hours
of recordings and note taking and with people whom I worked with during the
past years. I ask myself....... "Is she really talking about me?" :-)

The writing without question is superb. Oh yeah there's a few neat "happy
snaps also!" :-)

Thanks again for your kind comments.

See you in New York in April at the LEICA GALLERY where the book will be
launched to the USA and a 75 big print exhibition will be opened until
August.

Cheers,
ted

PS:
Now more books are available compared to Christmas time and we set-up a book
store to handle nothing but orders and paying via PAY PAL. Many of the
earlier orders will be looked after ASAP!