Subject: [Leica] IMG: Weekend birds
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 16:49:15 -0600

On Jan 27, 2014, at 2:30 PM, Doug Herr wrote:

> Jim Nichols wrote:
>
>> Your yard setup seems to be very productive.  I
>> like the natural perches that you encourage the birds to use.
>
> Thanks for looking and commenting, Jim.  There's a trick (or two) to
> getting the birds to perch where I want them.  The perches are arranged to
> allow for good lighting and backgrounds (not easy in my yard) and the bird
> seed and water features are closer to my blind than the perches.  When the
> birds feed, drink or bathe they're vulnerable because they're giving less
> attention to potential predators so they'll stop at the perches to check
> the area for dangers before proceeding to the feeder or water.  The
> perches are also angled so that if the bird doesn't perch at the top of
> the perch it will be on the side facing the camera so my view of the bird
> isn't obstructed by the perch.

mastery |?mast(?)r?|
noun
1 comprehensive knowledge or skill in a subject or accomplishment : she
played with some mastery.
? the action or process of mastering a subject or accomplishment : a child's
mastery of language.
2 control or superiority over someone or something : man's mastery over
nature.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com