Subject: [Leica] Moonrise over Quartzsite
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:23:47 -0800

Not quite Ansel Adams, but it was interesting.  These were taken about two
weeks ago in the massive BLM land around Quartzsite where hundreds of
thousands of campers descend on the poor town for a few weeks.

View Large, Please

The moon not quite up yet.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/q/moonrise-7788.jpg.html

I was trying to line up a shot with the trailers we were in, when my
sister-in-law and her dad came around the corner, flashlights blaring and I
got this.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/q/moonrise-7785.jpg.html

What I really wanted was this:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/q/moonrise-7786.jpg.html

but I actually like the first one better.

OK.  moon is up now.  Let's see if I can get stars and moon, too.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/q/moonrise-7731.jpg.html

And I noticed the shadows being cast by the moon, so tried to capture those,
too.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w3/q/moonrise-7746.jpg.html

It was fun, if not cold.

All exposures about 30 seconds.  The first three I also used a flashlight to
paint the cactus and the trailers.

Comments welcome.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Moonrise over Quartzsite)
Reply from leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson) ([Leica] Moonrise over Quartzsite)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Moonrise over Quartzsite)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Moonrise over Quartzsite)