Subject: [Leica] Comparing B&W M9/MM
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:52:46 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

>Or more precisely, the Leica large spot meter is a dumb, simple system that
>does exactly what a dumb system does, accurately and predictably. What you
>told it, not what you meant!  No training wheels ;-) ;-)
>When you get the wrong result (as I do regularly) the error is not inside
>the camera ;-) ;-) ;-)

Exactly why I use manual exposure 100% of the time.  The light meter is
totally, predictably dumb.  I never have to guess what the meter is
compensating for and guess how much compensation I need to reverse.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Comparing B&W M9/MM)