Subject: [Leica] Pl. Sant Felip de Neri a little bit of history
From: gwpics at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:08:12 +0000

As an aside to your post, Southampton took around 4,000 children as refugees
during the Spanish Civil War, mostly from the Basque region. Most returned
to their families later, but around 450 are known to have stayed here and
made new lives for themselves in England. One of the better moments in the
history of my home town.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or