Subject: [Leica] IMG: My science project
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 16:51:10 -0800

Gary gets the prize. It is indeed a multi-band shortwave dipole. It is
now on my little roof tower in "inverted vee" configuration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_vee_antenna.
This one works on 7-28 MHz as an inverted vee, and also on 3.5 MHz with
the feedline shorted together so it works as a short vertical with a
capacitive top hat. Each leg is 82 feet long. To paraphrase Abraham
Lincoln, each leg is long enough to not quite reach the ground.

It's fed with 300 ohm twin lead rather than coaxial cable, so with a
manual tuner, I can resonate the system to many bands.

--Peter (aka KD7MW)

 > My favorite antenna. Multi-band dipole with balanced feed line! Good
project.

 > Gary (KJ7RT)
 >
 > Sent from my iPad
 >
 > > On Feb 4, 2014, at 13:50, Peter Klein wrote:
 > >
 > > No art, just a record shot. Some of you will know what this is.
Built it