Subject: [Leica] OT question: can't fire flash on Fuji X E1 when using LM 3rd party adapter
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 16:10:54 +0800

Jeff,
Perhaps you have silent mode turned off. As Jim mentioned with silent mode
on the flash won't work with any lenses - fuji or otherwise.
Go to Set up menu - page one and turn silent mode off. That should blacken
the flash mode on page 5 of the shooting menu and then you
can experiment with forced flash, slow synchro and 2nd curtain sync and see
what works best. I expect forced flash will be the most likely to work.
I set flash compensation to -1 to reduce the amount of light and make the
picture more natural - on those very rare times (Uncle Ted!!) when I use
flash.
Let's hear how you make out.
Cheers
Howard