Subject: [Leica] IMG: My science project
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 21:35:43 -0600 (CST)

Hi Peter,

Temps here are high today of 7 F with wind chill of -15 F.  Not good, with
about 2 ft of snow on the ground.  My last 80/40 Dipole was taken down by a
squirrel who ate through the center balun.  Lots of trees to put dipoles in,
and like you not enough time.  I have a G5RV dipole that will go up in the
spring, and probably another home brew dipole shortly after that.  I'm
really ready for warmer weather, as it has been terribly cold here this
winter.

Sounds like the new dipole is working quite well for you.  I have had very
good luck with them here, and usually put them up about 35 ft.  My big
problem is the squirrels who eat through the Kevlar guy lines. ;(

Good luck with the new dipole,
Gene