Subject: [Leica] IMG: Petrognano Olives
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (rgacpa at gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:59:29 -0800

Hi Tina,
Well there is no doubt it's HDR! But does that make it "bad"? Not in my
opinion; HDR is just another tool that's available to us in the digital age.
Is it over-done? Now that's a very subjective question. IMO, it could use a
little desaturation in the greens and a bit less drama (contrast reduction)
in the skies.

One question I have is why or if you needed it. It looks like a cloudy day
and your M has about 12 stops available. Was there not one of the exposures
that had recoverable whites and blacks? If so, did you check it out and
preferred the HDR?

I think the HDR certainly gives a mood that is hard to reproduce from a
single exposure, so it really is a matter of taste. IMO, this image would be
spectacular on canvas.

Did you use NIK HDR? Some other program? Just curious...

Decisions, decisions...
:-)
Bob

Sent from my iPad