Subject: [Leica] Lanthanide glass?
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 23:06:57 +0000

As far as I can find out older lenses that contained lanthanum in order to
achieve high refractive indices, contained Thorium Oxide which is mildly
radioactive.I do not know if these are the only type involved.

For more details see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_dispersion_glass

and here

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Radioactive_lenses

which gives a fairly extensive list and here

http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer%20products/cameralens.htm

Peter