Subject: [Leica] Kiev demonstrations
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 16:03:21 -0500

It has now been more than twenty years since the fall of the Soviet Union,
yet only a few of the states that emerged from the old Soviet empire are
free and democratic today. The three Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and
Lithuania), and possibly Armenia and Georgia. The rest are still
authoritarian states, and a few, such as Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, are
now less free than they were under communism. Uzbek dictator Islam Karimov
was the Communist boss of Uzbekistan in the last years of the Soviet
system, and since independence he's brought back medieval punishments,
like boiling people alive!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography