Subject: [Leica] Succumbed to the M 240 and my first posted images from it
From: zeissler at mac.com (Mitch Zeissler)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 21:38:50 -0500

I?m back.

The past 8 months have been very rough with a bad health scare, several
operations, and lots of recovery time ? but now everything is looking more
positive and I?m doing a lot better.

Back in late December, I was delighted to receive a Sony Alpha a7 as a
Christmas gift from my wife.  It produced wonderful full-frame images in a
delightfully small package? until it died just 10 days later.

Both the system board and CMOS chip went completely non-responsive and I had
to send the camera in for factory warranty servicing.  Ugh.  The camera was
shipped to Texas, but was actually serviced in Mexico; my phone calls to the
contact center apparently went to the Pacific Rim somewhere; follow-up
conversations were quite difficult and halting as the words were translated
into four different languages.  Eventually (over a month later) I received
the camera back in perfect working order, but the damage was done ? I no
longer have any faith in the product, was angered at how my service ticket
was handled, and very unhappy to discover that my Sony lenses would have to
be replaced if I wanted to actually utilize the full-frame resolution of the
camera.

Screw that.  And luckily for me, my wife agreed.

So now I?m the happy owner of a new M 240 ? which works perfectly well with
the Leica and Voigtl?nder glass that I already have.  And here are the first
images that I?ve posted from it so far.

http://exploratorius.us/2014/02/14/soft/
http://exploratorius.us/2014/02/14/610-to-yumouth/
http://exploratorius.us/2014/02/15/dusk-at-whites-ferry/