Subject: [Leica] Shan State - Burma Book Project: M9+Summicron-35v4
From: mitcha at mac.com (mitcha at mac.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 08:04:25 +0100

Last month I was in the Shan State in Burma and have put together a book
project  of some 80 pictures, called "Chiang Tung Days," that you can
download in the form of a 56 MB pdf file by clicking here:

http://bit.ly/1asgee0

All of the photos were taken with the Summicron-35v4, whose rendering I like
? this was the first time that I've shot with it in color on the M9. While
in recent years I have preferred the 28mm focal length to 35mm, in the
markets of the Shan State towns I visited there was so much congestion, so
many people in narrow paths or walkways, that I quickly found that, by
having to shoot closer up with the 28mm (as I usually do), there is so much
going on in the frame that the photographer cannot keep track of it all when
trying "to make sense of a complex scene," because one has to see things
both to the left and the right at the same, and the angle of view to the
edges is just too wide to make sense of the scene ? I mean not looking
through the viewfinder but looking at the scene before bringing the camera
up to your face. Using the 35mm lens solved all that.

?Mitch/Paris

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Shan State - Burma Book Project: M9+Summicron-35v4)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Shan State - Burma Book Project: M9+Summicron-35v4)
Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Shan State - Burma Book Project: M9+Summicron-35v4)