Subject: [Leica] Antarctic expeditions
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:55:59 -0500 (EST)

 By a curious coincidence as I was looking at Jayanand's excellent photos of
the Antarctic the postman arrived with a catalog from National Geographic
and Lindblad Expeditions reminding me that this was the 100th anniversary of
Shackleton's ill fated Endurance expedition. This was the one immortalized
by the photographs of Frank Hurley and led to the small boat ocean voyage to
South Georgia Island. Lindblad and National Geographic have scheduled
several photographic tours retracing their route. I can't promise that you
will reproduce Jayanand's results but you will have the opportunity to see
many of the same scenes. The tours will take place in November and December
of this year (summer in Antarctica). If you are interested the web site is:
explore at expeditions.com

Larry Z