Subject: [Leica] OT: tripod with fluid head
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 13:39:14 -0600

I presume you are looking to use it for video?  I had lots of luck with the
700 Manfrotto mini fluid head.  It is rated way beyond the size.   There's
another just a bit larger, the 128, and it goes up from there. Check here
on B&H starting about three down.  These links may break, so just cut and
paste them.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Brand_Manfrotto&ci=3918&N=4028759242+4289361368

I think you need to look for sticks first and then find a  suitable head.
I suggest wooden legs for video if you can as they dampen movement better
than other flavors.
Not too many choices for compact, but you'll find that they are not too
much heavier and at least as compact as aluminum and fiber.  Ounce for
ounce they will give you better stability and they are not cold or hot to
the touch.  I have a Berlebach but badged under another name.  It is
similar to the report.

http://www.berlebach.de/?bereich=produkte&kategorie=1&sprache=english&start=1

Mine is about 30 years old with a 3-d Manfrotto head on it, but I have used
a fluid head on it for movie work.

Let me know if I can tell you more.  I've toted sticks a million miles.

<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/633393-REG/Berlebach_100100_Camouflage_Tripod.html>