Subject: [Leica] format frenzy
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 22:45:57 -0700

This discussion of format size brings back memories.  When I was in college
I worked for one semester as a photog at the college newspaper -- the LSU
Daily Reveille.  First day on the job my editor told me that they didn't
use 35mm photos and handed me a 3-1/4 by 4-1/4 Linhoff press cam.  I hated
using it and finally one day got the assignment of shooting a track meet.
 I loaded up 6 film holders and headed to the track, but really got nothing
I wanted to turn in. Next day I took along my IIIf and 50mm lens and shot a
roll of 35mm, made a contact sheet and took it to the editor.  He ended up
using 14 shots in a centerfold spread.  That was the end of the Linhoff.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from raimo.m.korhonen at uusikaupunki.fi (Raimo Korhonen) ([Leica] format frenzy)