Subject: [Leica] Cattery Lane (infrared landscape)
From: jplaurel at gmail.com (Jim Laurel (gmail))
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 09:53:15 -0800

Thank you for looking, everyone!

There actually is frost on the ground, and ice in the trees. There had been
a lot of precipitation in the days leading up to this morning, and then the
day broke clear and very cold. All the moisture around just froze. When the
sun came up, everything just sort of lit up.

My only regret with this shot is that I was just figuring out the focus
compensation factor for that Voigtlander lens. So I was shooting stopped
down more than I would have liked and there is a little diffraction. Having
to do this IR focus compensation limits the M8 to shooting wide angle. And
also, the shutter speeds are so slow that a tripod is mandatory.

--Jim