Subject: [Leica] Friday Flowers SonC
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 09:23:19 -0800

Sonny Carter SHOWED:
Subject: Friday Flowers SonCI went to my side garden, and among the newly
bloomed was this one, so soft and buttery that it must have just opened.
http://sonc.com/look/?p=3366........

Hi Sonny,
Very nice and looking very fresh. Right now we have some flowers beginning
to present flower buds. However many of them wont make it into flower as the
young deer will have munched them down to ground level. A great loss in our
early gardens.

However they were here first roaming the forest lands so I just let them be.

My wife Irene before her passing had her method of coping with them. She'd
let this time of year pass by and not spook the animals away. Much to her
angst each time they had a good feed.

Then once the flower beds looked pretty barren, she'd buy a huge number of
plastic hand made flowers and plant her own "WOMAN MADE GARDEN!" :-) It
didn't take long before the deer just visited looked about and left. Then it
looked pretty good for the rest of the summer as many of the real flowers
grew up between the plastic ones.

Clever woman she was! :-)

cheers,
ted