Subject: [Leica] Leila's April 24th announcement - place your bets!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 17:10:10 -0500

In the case of his particular neckwear the Sony RX-1
http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/000024bb4/7fc2/DSC00200.jpg
It does come across  strongly as a premium product. Three grand is not a
consumer price point for a camera with a  lens that does not come off. Or
even for one that does.
Its drop dead gorgeous and will likely be adorning the necks of discerning
well healed photographers and photo buffs of the "rich people" niche.
In other words the same people would would be wearing an M... Who don't want
an anvil hanging off their necks.

>From a photo standpoint the lens itself is just plane awesome to behold and
apparently even makes images as gorgeous as it is.

In the near future other full frame compacts will not be positioned so high
on the luxury scale.. And will probably be even more compact being similar
at first in scale to the leica X line. . But they still will be full frame
cameras way smaller and lighter than the current M and though not looking
like the choice neck candy the Sony Rx is will still be of great interest in
this very Leica like idea.
And two grand is also a lot of money.