Subject: [Leica] Is it just me, or are these new Leica lenses a huge step up?
From: jplaurel at gmail.com (Jim Laurel (gmail))
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:37:12 -0700

I went to the trouble of having my old Leica lenses coded, but have also
picked up a few new ones, including the floating element 35mm Summilux ASPH,
the 50mm Summilux ASPH and, most recently, the 18mm Super Elmar. I think I'm
going to sell all my old ones from the 80s and 90s. These three latest
issues on the M240 are just fantastic. For some reason, I'm just missing
focus less often with the 35 and 50 than my old 35 Summilux ASPH and
Summicron 50.

The only one I'm thinking of replacing next is the 90mm Elmarit with the new
90mm Summarit. But the Elmarit has served me so well for almost 20 years
that I wonder what more the Summarit might have to offer.

--Jim

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] Is it just me, or are these new Leica lenses a huge step up?)
Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Is it just me, or are these new Leica lenses a huge step up?)
Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] Is it just me, or are these new Leica lenses a huge step up?)