Subject: [Leica] OT: Jakarta
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 22:02:35 +0100

I may have to go to Jakarta for a couple of days at the end of April, in the
framework of EU-ASEAN cooperation. I have never been to that part of Asia.
What I see on TV does not look particularly inviting, so I am not sure if I
want to do the usual thing when travelling to faraway places and stay a day
or two extra to see the place. I certainly enjoyed doing that in Japan,
Korea and Taiwan within the past few years--but Indonesia has security
issues that those other countries don't. I would appreciate hearing from
people who have been there--are there things worth seeing in Jakarta, is it
the kind of place where I can walk around with my camera etc.?

TIA,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain