Subject: [Leica] Reloading 35 mm cartridges
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:48:13 -0400 (EDT)

There are plenty of Watson 100 reloaders available on eBay for less than $10
for those of you interested in reloading 35 mm cartridges. Several
manufacturers, including Ilford, Arista, Kodak, Konica, Fuji and others sell
B&W and color film in 100 ft. (30 Meter) length for reloading. Do a Google
search to find sources and prices. The price per shot is about half that of
store bought 35 mm cartridges. Use you legacy Leica lenses the way they were
meant to be used.
Larry Z
- - -
Tom's film on reloading a Leica cartridge is interesting and harks back to
the first days of Leica. However for maximum convenience at a low cost, buy
a Watson 100 cassette loader at any old camera store. I don't know if these
are still being made, mine is 50 years old. Real camera stores should have a
couple in their junk boxes. I'm sure Freestyle sells similar models. They
will hold 100 feet of film, load Leica and Kodak cartridges, open and close
the Leica case, and count the frames. They never wear out.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Watson+100.jpg.html