Subject: [Leica] Old photos from 1965
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 13:44:37 -0500

====On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:15 PM, Henning Wulff <hjwulff at
gmail.com>wrote:

> Start of Belgian Grand Prix, 1965 in Spa-Francorchamps. I sat on the slope
> above Eau Rouge, a famous corner. All pictures on this trip were taken with
> a Leica IIIg or Ig.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hwulff/old/Europe+1965/A1306330.jpg.html

A wonderful shot of a long gone era.

I was at the old Nurburgring for F1 in 1966; I've posted this before:

http://www.bobbaron.com/EuropeanGP1966/index.html

Lots of cropping from scans of the old color slides; all I had was an M3
and a 50mm.  That was a summer away from law school with a tight budget
similar to yours. $5 USD/day was doable then but no longer,  for
age-related physical as well as inflationary reasons.

See also http://bobbaron.tumblr.com/post/14687062155/old-tracks-old-races

I have always wanted to go to Spa but I think the tv is likely to be as
close as I get now.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Old photos from 1965)