Subject: [Leica] Repairing an old print
From: leowesson at gmail.com (Leo Wesson)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 16:24:07 -0500

Hi Peter,

This is a good example of why you should never frame valuable prints with
the print touching the glass surface!

I have worked on stuff like this for clients.  First you copy the print as
it is, broken glass and all.  This way you can digitally repair this file
if the print is destroyed in the process of trying to save it.

Then all you can do is patiently soak the print in water and hope that
after awhile, days maybe, the glass will release it's bond to the print
surface.  It's best to soak glass side down to try to minimize the
scratching on the print from the broken glass.  The print will be damaged,
but hopefully not ruined.  At least you have your copy that you did in step
1 if things do not go well!

Good luck!

Leo Wesson
Photographer/Videographer