Subject: [Leica] disclosure, cat image (Now: Micro Four Thirds)
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 22:44:40 -0500

===On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 7:29 PM, Ken Carney <kcarney1 at cox.net> wrote:

> I pulled out my ancient Panasonic GF-1, unused for a while, curious to see
> how it would compare to the Fuji X (sorry, no Leica MM's in stock).  Kitty
> posed in exchange for a week of extended back scratches.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/_1010321+Capture+1+TG.jpg.html
>
> GF-1, Zuiko 45mm at 2.8, ISO 800, raw conversion in Capture One 7.2, b&w
> in Silver Efex Pro.  C&C always appreciated.

A very nice shot and I'm sure you will give her what she has earned.

As we discussed at last week's meeting of the OKCLUG, I've got that same
camera and lens but I am also presently testing an Olympus OM-D E-M1 "on
approval" from B&H.  I'm not sure the Oly is enough of an improvement over
the GF-1 to make me want to put up with its galaxy of menus and controls
but I'm still on the fence.  To me these micro 4/3 cameras are good backups
to my M9 at 1/3 the price of another M9 body (used) but I'm honestly still
undecided if they will really make me happy in the long term.

I think I just can't get used to the disposable nature of these digital
cameras.

--Bob