Subject: [Leica] IMG: New studio work with Leica M
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 23:43:28 +1000

The other aspect of my recent stuff is that I have shot quite a bit of art
nude which I really enjoy ( probably the most pure challenge for people
shots (regarding light, composition, form and beauty). Those are not a good
fit for the LUG clearly yet learning to do this well with an M (and
borrowed S) is immensely satisfying. Believe me there's nothing remotely
salacious about shooting that stuff, it's hard work to do well. I just
seldom post links here (although everything is publicly viewable anyway).
 If no-one looks here (nor on the L Camera Forum) beyond a few friends
there's not much point linking it here though. I nearly never post links to
non-Leica stuff here either although I shoot quite a bit of that as well. I
like to support the L in LUG
So I do my best to contribute on the technical, especially Leica technical.
Those are almost never acknowledged by the person asking the question. Gaah!

All good! I've shot about 2000 frames in studios, locations over last six
weeks and am having a blast!  I feel like my skill-set is advancing.

PS
 I'll be in Wetzlar courtesy of Leica Australia at the end of May for the
centennial celebrations, opening of Leitz Park and expected new gear
announcements. So for those interested I should have some reporting on that.
For LUG on topic ;-) I played with the Fujifilm XT1 yesterday. What a neat
little thing it is, great finder and great controls. Feels like a piece of
plastic compared to the M though I think they are well put together!
Cheers all.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman