Subject: [Leica] Nan Goldin
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 22:39:19 -0500

On Apr 2, 2014, at 12:58 AM, Susan Ryan wrote:

> Can someone christen me an "important artiste"? I just emptied the local
> Babies R Us and could use the dough. Plus it sure would make life easier
> to just publish some random crap from my LR catalog so I can cuddle my new
> grand baby 24/7 instead of trying to improve my photography.

You need to:
"show" in the right venues
and
"talk" to the right people

"showing and talking" to the right galleries
"showing and talking" to the right art publications
"showing and talking" to the right museums

those that find success as artists
put as much effort into making sure the right people
talk about your work
show your work

Keeping that dialogue alive
takes an enormous amount of time and effort.

Very, very few careers simply take off
because someone "discovered" their photographs,
drawings, paintings, sculpture, music.

Like it or not Nan has paid her dues
by being in the right places, with the right people,
at the right times, with the right images,
as they relate to the history of photography
and its appearance within the Contemporary Art Scene

which is a different scene
than the Exhibition Photography Scene

If interested in this type of work
we must discuss the difference between