Subject: [Leica] One of the joys of a film Leica
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 18:34:43 -0400

Today's I was invited to participate in International Pillow Fight Day
(yes, there is such a thing).  When I showed up at the park, there were
about three or four middle-aged photographers to each pillow fighter.
Almost everyone had a mammoth DSLR, most with equally mammoth zooms with
red rings at the end (there were so many, you'd have thought it was Norman
Bates' bathtub!).  When the fighting started, I jumped right into the fray
with my M3, ISO 400 b/w film, and a CV 28/3.5, which is a really compact
lens.  They pounded away (and a few times I was whacked.)  Of course, I had
no fears whatsoever for the outfit, since both camera and lens are built
like a tank.

However, I was the only shooter in the middle of it, since everyone else
was terrified that one swat would destroy their $2000, 3000 or whatever
DSLR outfit.    So, from a distance it looked like a lot of pillow
fighters, surrounded by a bunch of guys who looked as thought they were
photographing wildlife from a Range Rover.

Negatives in the shower drying now.

Best,

Jim Shulman

Wynnewood, PA