Subject: [Leica] Coded or non coded lenses, that is the question
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 21:27:14 +0700

The coding makes no difference if you can remember to change the Lens
Detection every time you change lenses.  I can't so I'm having mine coded a
few at a time by Leica, NJ.  I asked Sherry Krauter about it and she
doesn't code lenses.  I tried the do-it-yourself method with a coding kit
and paint, but it was a mess, didn't last and didn't work on some lenses.
 I'm just sending my lenses in as they need CLA and having them coded at
the same time.  So far, I have 5 coded lenses.

Tina