Subject: [Leica] Serengeti
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 22:47:47 +0530

More from our Tanzanian trip. The "endless plains" of the Central Serengeti
are broken in places by lava outcrops called Kopjes, which are perfect
strategic lookouts and usually populated by  prides of lions:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2014/Ndutu_20140311_3148.jpg.html

Near Seronara, the administrative centre of the Serengeti, we chanced upon
a couple of lionesses (one of them was one-eyed) up a tree - as we
photographed them, a mild dust storm came through:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2014/Ndutu_20140311_3133.jpg.html

Nearby we spied Royalty atop a hillock:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2014/Ndutu_20140311_2726.jpg.html

Back in Ndutu (Southern Serengeti) we saw this mother and cub:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2014/Ndutu_20140307_0479.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2014/Ndutu_20140307_0500.jpg.html

Lions hate water, and these were making it very apparent in their
reluctance to crossing a very shallow stream:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2014/Ndutu_20140313_4214.jpg.html

On another game drive we chanced upon a Cheetah with two very young cubs:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2014/Ndutu_20140312_3914.jpg.html

A couple of adult giraffes also checked them out:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2014/Ndutu_20140312_3939.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2014/Ndutu_20140312_3985.jpg.html

A very healthy Spotted Hyena scavenging:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2014/Ndutu_20140310_1949.jpg.html

Lastly, a novel way to rest - I have never seen this method before!:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2014/Ndutu_20140308_0880.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Serengeti)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Serengeti)