Subject: [Leica] Leica R system
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 08:08:59 +1000

The horse died five years ago but apparently you've dug up the unkillable
zombie, Frank.
In 2009 at the announcement of the cancellation Stefan Daniel told us that
the R10 body would have had to sell for 6000 to 7000 EURO. I think fair to
say that would cause pause for thought for many? The R faithful on their
own were just not sufficient potential market in Leica Camera's judgement.
Remember that this was impacted by the GFC at the time. Leica Camera was in
difficult financial straits again and did not have the capacity nor
resources to develop three systems concurrently.

A 35mm size sensor (any of them) does not do the same things best as a
medium format camera. They never did compete.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman